Sunday, July 6, 2008

Only for me, Shinran

Shinran Shonin said:

“When I deeply contemplate Amida’s Compassionate Vow, I realize it was made only for me, Shinran.” 

 

If you don’t come to the point where to think that the teaching is addressing personally to you, then it is all in vain.

 

Treat the Dharma as if Shakyamuni, Amida, Shinran, Rennyo and all the patriarchs speak directly to you. Think they are before you, addressing personally. 

 

This is not a symbol, but the real truth. Perceive the teaching as being an exclusive, intimate, friendly and parental relationship between you and Amida Buddha. He doesn’t treat sentient beings as numbers, but addresses each one individually, so His relationship with you is like that between mother (or father) and child or between best friends. Think that Amida Buddha addresses himself to your own personal suffering, to all the forms that suffering manifests in your life, and that He wishes to heal you once and for all. 

 

Replace the word “Shinran”, with your own name, and say, for example: “When I deeply contemplate Amida’s Compassionate Vow, I realize it was made only for me, Josho.”

4 comentarii:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL NEW DESIGN ! ;)
I think that YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE

TRADUCTION OF TRIPITAKA
LARGER SUTRA
SUTRA OF CONTEMPLATION
AMIDA SUTRA

IN .... FRENCH (! ):D
http://www.terre-pure.fr/Textes.html

ENJOY !
TAKE CARE YOURSELF !

vincent(from french Guyana)

Unknown said...

Dharma Friend Adrian -

I am 100% in agreement with what you write.

Thank you for being an honest and true voice in the global
Shin Sangha.

Gassho,

Paul R.

Josho Adrian Cirlea said...

Thank you, Paul for your appreciation. It is an honor to me that you stop here and gave a comment. Please come and visit this blog from time to time, and don't hesitate to correct my views if you think is necessary or add new comments to my articles.
Yours in Namo Amida Butsu.

Anonymous said...

OH... O_O... a New book on Shinran and...in french and furthermore... by a shin priest !!! :D
it's REALLY RARE !
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! i will place in order for my birthday and i will tell tou....

ENJOY AND THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN! :)

vincent

Dharma talks on my youtube channel