Sunday, July 23, 2017

Works for strenghtening the Hondo (Dharma Hall) and library of Amidaji (part II the Library)


Added some wooden pillars to the walls to strenghten them. 
Then the pillars were fixed with strong nails on the concrete platform.


This is good news! Everything I did for improving and strenghtening the Hondo (Dharma Hall) I have just done for the library of Amidaji:

- added some wood pillars to the walls to strenghten them. Then the pillars were fixed with strong nails on the concrete platform.
- added a layer of polystyrene (10 cm thick) on the walls
- added a layer of polystyrene (3cm) under the roof
- added a strong construction net and a mixture over the polystyrene to better fix it on the walls
- added a good painting over everything at the end of the work  
- added some rain draining system

adding layers of polystyrene on the walls and under the roof
The layer of polystyrene will keep cold in the summer and warm during winter and the wood pillars fix the house on the concrete platform.

The total ammount I spent for strenghtening the Hondo and Library of Amidaji was arround 1900 euro. I did not expect to spend so much, as my initial plan was arround 1200-1300 euro, but the materials and the three workers were expansive. I am very grateful to those who helped me, according to their posibilities.  

adding a construction net and a mixtureover the polystyrene
My next plan is to build a big gate for Amidaji courtyard (arround 500 euro), pay some urgent taxes (arround 400 euro), buy a new, better stove for the Hondo (the stove on gas I placed in the Hondo last year is not so good - sorry for this mistake!/however, the stove in the library works perfectly) buy wood for the winter (arround 300 euro), do various maintenance works, and other important things that I have in my mind and I will tell you about in my next posts related with the temple.


If you can afford to, please consider a little DONATION to help me continue the work. Amidaji has NO taxes or fees for its activities, so it depends on the generosity of friends and readers. The link for DONATION ishere (click here).

here it is the result!  - this is how the Hondo (Dharma Hall) 
of Amidaji looks like now, after I painted it
here it is the result!  - this is how the Hondo (Dharma Hall) 
of Amidaji looks like now, after I painted it

inside the Library (1)

inside the Library (2) with bed for visitors





0 comentarii:

Dharma talks on my youtube channel